LifeSkills – Suitable for ages 4 Month +
Our life skills course is designed to help you teach your dog those important life skills they need in order to be a fully functional member of the family. This course helps build confidence with both dogs and owners who are either first time dog owners, making the fantastic step forward away from “traditional” training methods to more positive methods or experienced owners who just want to spend time and build a relationship with their dog is a low distraction but controlled environment.
The Life Skills course includes;
- The Difference between Stay and Wait.
- Learning to Settle.
- Focus Games, progressing onto commands such as Watch Me.
- Basic Positions – Sit, Down, Stand.
- Leave It (Impulse Control).
- Beginning Walks with Loose Leads.
The Life Skills Progressive course includes;
- Extended stays in various positions with distractions.
- Control through the door.
- Emergency Stop
- Leave It Alley!
- Recalls in more distracting environments.
- Correct greetings with dogs and humans
Please note, in order to move onto the progressive course dogs must under go the Life Skills Course.
The life skills courses are 6 week long and includes a welcome pack with helpful tips, tricks and work sheets to continue with training at home (on the life skills course) and certificate on course completion.
Our next course dates are: